Sunday, January 22, 2017

The next day

It is a very grey day in Los Angeles, lots of drizzle in the air, the rain has finally found some footing in this city, providing a Sunday morning begging for movies made in black and white, a glass of wine in the afternoon, the cuddly blankets finally freed from the plastic binding them, to surround the Angeleno’s able to just stay in to think, contemplate and daydream. Growing up in Pittsburgh, this day, especially with the layers of clouds would warrant a thunder storm. 

I was lucky enough to have joined 750,000 people on Saturday, for the Women’s March in LA. LA had some of the most beautiful weather ever for this demonstration, we were lucky with the weather. I was able to join my daughter, and out friends. I had no idea just how large the March really was, but I knew that the purpose of the March had more reasons then the names of numbers. So today, as I watch the puddles finally forming on the uneven sidewalks, safe inside my home, I also have the time to contemplate.


Here is the deal…I will not delete you as a friend if you voted for Trump, so far we still have semblance's of free elections (well almost free no thanks to the Republicans), but I will ask you why do you want to be my friend, when in fact voting for Trump was like voting for EVERYTHING against me. I am a Jewish man, I am a Gay man, I am a Father, I have Sisters, my best friend is of Mexican heritage, my Husband’s best friend is African American. I am a Senior having paid into Medicare and Social Security.  EVERYTHING I am is exactly what Trump and his Con Men, His Strategists, His Propagandist PR people, His Family His entire life has been against. Trump has lied he has blamed everyone else for his own inadequacies. Look at the men and women he has nominated to be in his Cabinet…none of them desire the same things as I do and more importantly as I am. Of course Trump is not alone, he has his enablers, The GOP who have become less interested in Democracy and more concerned with agenda’s to please their Bankers/their Lobbyists and of course the Corporations who are now considered People. I am so glad I marched to communicate to this nation, ho unhappy I am regarding the ill willed, mean spirited, and actually evil intent of anything Trump, and actually those who had voted for him and have no remorse!