Wednesday, May 1, 2019

turned off the TV

On Wednesday, May 1, 2019, once again, you can listen to the wheezing, choking, gasping for oxygen coming from the mouth of Lady Justice. The Senate, under the leadership of a very ancient man,(Chuck Grassley) made wealthy by the lobbyists of the Agri-Business Complex, an incapable man, even unable to decipher, notes are written to him by his staff, providing him with the luxury of having to have read the Mueller Report himself, struggles to ask a question of William Barr, because for Senator Grassley, like Donald Trump sentences with more than four words in a row is too difficult to understand.  

The Attorney General, the ever ready to lie, deceive, defer, deny, Roy Cohn (Oops, I did it again, I mean William Barr), pretending that his own immediate history had never happened stumbles over which lie will be told first, then second then third, tires his best by running out the clock, just by beating around the clock, and assumes that by speaking about anything BUT his conversation with Robert Mueller or the letter sent to William Barr by Mr. Mueller ever existed will exonerate an already dubious if not destructive narrative, from which William Barr made clear he Trump’s personal attorney and the people’s Attorney General.

Then, and to be honest, THIS IS WHERE I HAD TO STOP WATCHING, FOR FEAR THAT I ACTUALLY MIGHT IMPLODE, Senator Cornyn the Numero Dos lying sack of Republican shit leader, pretends that the first real problem was and is the Dossier (which at first a Republican Donor sought to gain information on Hillary), the second was, the Dems colluding with the Russians, and that third, as President, Trump can fire, for any reason (which of course in Republican Speak is called obstruction) and that reason was based on the demand by the Dems to do so.

Throughout the beginning moments of this façade of a hearing, while William Barr actually looked dumbfounded, and distressed that references were being made to the actual Barr created and imagined summation of the Mueller Report and that HE William Barr was NOT considered THE FINAL WORD, I could feel the stress of being waterboarded. I could not breathe, I could not stop shaking, and I felt that the life of my democracy was draining away. So I turned off the TV, turned to my computer, and promise myself to wait, and wait and wait. I was not fooled by the Republican’s attempt to act like treasonous enemies of the state, but I had no idea just how ill the entire live coverage could make me feel!