Saturday, February 1, 2020

so sorry

Today, when I awoke, I had the same distaste of raw politics, a rotten egg rot kind of odor, emanating from my gut, as I did the day after I realized Hillary had  the election hacked and stolen by Trump. I could not approach my computer with the same zeal and zest, trying my best to be sarcastic, sardonic always wanting a sophomoric approach to my tone, in the usual way; so I avoided, writing my thoughts, expressing my feelings in a blog, and releasing the angst that has grown with great agony within my soul over these hellish Trump Administration years (which seem like eons and eons.) I knew if I saw the gleeful faces of the Republican Fascist Senators, or read their attempt by pretending to save their grace from their failure to save Democracy, by telling the American people there was no THERE, there, or that honestly, THIS event should ONLY be handled by the voting public (you know the special lot of us still fortunate to have our one person one vote still intact and working!) I would puke, or worse, perseverate regarding the collapse of yet another Institution which had once been established to keep “checks and balances” in place…so an Imperial Presidency could not survive!

No Talking Heads for me today, and I even avoided my FB page and the Internet, because, the idea that evil had triumphed, had always been planned to triumph, and EVIL is now the new norm of Republican Party angered me so, that avoiding reading it or hearing it might calm me down…But, MY freedoms, equalities, rights are so important to me, that I must practice what I preach and not remain SILENT, no matter what form my voice may take. 

A tsunami has arrived on our shores, a long drawn out tsunami that began when President Obama permitted McConnell to deny due process to Merrick Garland. The second wave approached when during the days before the election, Trump publicly asked Russia to hack Hillary’s emails, and by doing so admitted to the public he was all in for that breaking of the law. The third wave took place when one by one Conservative judges, unqualified, and not the least bit concerned with blind justice, were permitted to sit on the Supreme Court and the various Federal Courts. The fourth wave arrived with Mueller’s Report. And the reaction that he was nothing but a too old to work “gumshoe.” And finally, the BIG WAVE, the one that really did wipe away any traces of normalcy in America, was the cowardness, but done with great finesse and financed by the American version of the Oligarch the GOP DONOR Class, of the Republican Senators, more afraid of their “Good Nazi,” The South Shall Rise Again White Nationalists, Sean Hannity/Laura Ingraham FOX Fools audience, the KKK/MAGA red and white hat-wearing, Please let ME Shoot Myself in the Foot, BASE! The Senate can now be defined as another Circus of Freaks, Goons, Chumps, and Self-Absorbed traitors. There is so much more to lament over, but now, I can at least pretend that for this moment, my blood pressure will not climb!