Saturday, September 25, 2021

A whack

 Today, I read a post from a friend of mine, who stated very clearly, WE HAD AN ATTEMPTED INSURRECTION AND COUP, COVID IS STILL AMONG US…and for me, it was a WHACK ON THE SIDE OF THE HEAD kind of reminder. You see, last week, I foolishly let my guard down for a moment, and lamented about the outfit Kim Kardashian wore to the MET GALA. I detest the emptiness which is the Kardashians and the cult-like following of empty-minded minions who make these facades of humans into ICONS. I am tired of people who do nothing but promote selfishness, and are famous for being nothing but INFAMOUS, still garnering attention…WHICH, I truly hate and fell for, (her attention-grabbing actions) by posting what I thought was a snide comment regarding KIM. I must admit it did feel good to NOT express my angst, anxiety, pissiness, worry, and sense of doom regarding the GOP/TRUMP/REPUBLICANS/TRUMP/MAGA/TRUMP/QANON/TRUMP TREASONISTS/ANARCHISTS/TRAITORS/AND ENEMY OF THE STATE… (and believe it or not the responses I received from that post were many from my KIM K post).

 

But my friend is so on target. Somehow, we are still lamenting 1/6, as if somehow an attempted COUP by a sitting President is up for discussion. Somehow, we are debating if this was a good coup attempt, an average coup attempt, a mediocre coup attempt…if some of the sitting GOP Congress made up of Republican lawmakers were only half involved in the coup attempt, if some of the GOP Congress People were lax in trying to overthrow the government, were just inept in trying to overthrow the government, were extremists but not TOO extreme. (COME ON DEMS BEHAVE AS DID THE REPUBLICANS WITH BENGHAZI, BENGHAZI). And then we have Republican Governors and Republican members of Congress villainizing medicine and science, promoting fiction as their remedy, and somehow using their Snake Oil Selling Evangelical Preachers to insist Jesus hates masks and vaccines! (but insisting they are PRO-LIFE when a FETUS is involved).

 

We are living in a resurgence of the DARK AGES, and as good as it might feel to reminisce about rude and ignorant people on cell phones, double parking, jumping online in front of you, and the vapid, silliness of stupid people whose fame is based on them being stupid, we must not forget or forgive the FOLKs who are trying to destroy our democracy!