Thursday, November 10, 2022

America

 “…So I looked at the scenery

She read her magazine

And the moon rose over an open field

"Kathy, I'm lost", I said

Though I knew she was sleeping

"I'm empty and aching and

I don't know why"

 

Counting the cars

On the New Jersey Turnpike

They've all come

To look for America

All come to look for America

All come to look for America” (America/Paul Simon)

 

I am waiting. Not with the preverbal bated breath, but waiting, nonetheless. Maybe no red wave, but I am still cautious, because any hue, tint, or shade not blue, tells me to beware! For me, this kind of, sorta good news Midterm results make my mood less edgy but thinking about how so many in this nation could still embrace the Republican Party of hate and racism, worries me. I will wait the extra hours for the Talleys to be told, knowing that either way the spin for truth will make me dizzy.

 

I fell back on the days of my life, to consul my soul, listening to the music of Simon and Garfunkel. Almost like a pill of nostalgia, playing the music of these two artists keeps me from wandering too far to the brink of all and everything. I once went looking for America, as a young kid in college, and more, and more I am still wondering, and yearning!