Friday, November 4, 2022

Gag reflex

  

‘And on the 8th Day’: DeSantis Rolls Out Cringe Ad Saying He Was Sent by God

“And on the 8th day, God looked down on his planned paradise and said I need a protector. So God made a fighter,” a creepy voiceover says over a montage of DeSantis pics. Those able to make it through the entire video are left with this quote from the impassioned voiceover: “God said I need a family man. A man who would laugh and then sigh, and then reply with smiling eyes when his daughter says, she wants to spend her life doing what dad does. So God made a fighter.” (Daily Beast)

AS I BEGAN READING THIS ARTICLE I ACTUALLY FELT MY GAG REFLEX ACT UP. I paused, drank a glass of water, and urged myself, please continue, THIS MUST BE an article from The Onion. And I continued, pinching myself as I read on and on wondering if perhaps I might be dreaming, as I have become overwhelmed regarding the EVIL from within this nation, trying to claim the entirety of this nation. I finished reading this article, closed my computer, opened my back door, and walked outside to a very wooded place on our property. I looked up to the sky now so much more visible due to empty branches and the myriad of falling leaves, and to the entity, I understand as my God, screamed PLEASE MAKE THIS STOP!

No more Dog Whistles, or Innuendos necessary, America. There is NOW a very clear choice, presented and honed by the Republican Party. Make America a Christian Nationalistic White Nation or perish as the USA becomes the USA of Christianity. If there are still those who pretend all of this is just your typical father's politics, then just like the slogan of this is your typical father's Oldsmobile, guess what…there are no more Oldsmobiles manufactured.