Sunday, November 6, 2022

Fixing a hole

 I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in

And stops my mind from wandering

Where it will go…

I'm filling the cracks that ran through the door

And kept my mind from wandering

Where it will go…

And it really doesn't matter if

I'm wrong I'm right

Where I belong I'm right

Where I belong

See the people standing there

Who disagree and never win

And wonder why they don't get in my door (Fixing a Hole/John Lennon)

 

Sunday, November 6, 2022. Two days in which America awaits for Democracy to remain intact, albeit as battered as a sailing ship might be, riding out the winds and waves of a giant Hurricane and surviving. Or, we receive the final blow from Putin’s puppet Trump, and his cadre of clowns, the majority of Republican Politicians and those who vote for them, to thwart, diminish and demolish Democracy.

 

We have been told by the GOP, that this nation is divided. The GOP continues to place the cause of this division upon the shoulders of the Democrats, insisting that freedoms for the minority populations are evil, justice for all is a perverse reaction negating the denial of freedom by a few, and that justice is as make-believe as history. How that message seems to resonate louder than the truth baffles me. I will fight the GOOD fight, I will hope that GOOD triumphs over bad, but right now to quote John Lennon, “I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in, and stops my mind from wandering.”