Tuesday, March 21, 2023

THIS IS ME!

 There are way too many stories saturating the NEWS of this 21st Century, that have made me feel as if the world is imploding. As if this world has been inhabited by Pod People. I have tried my best to ACT UP/BE PROUD/ shout NEVER AGAIN/ and swear WE SHALL OVERCOME.  I will not go to my grave, without fighting for Justice/Liberty/Equality and the survival of Democracy, without trying my best for the generation of my children, and their children to THRIVE/LIVE/SURVIVE!

 

But now as a 73-year-old man, who among many attributes happens to have been born as a human identified by others as a Homosexual, I can NOT simply protest the HATE, the FEAR, the RELIGIOUS HYPOCIRCY, the REPUBLICAN ATTEMPT to villainize, exactly who I was, who I am, who, until I die, WILL BE. I had the 50’s the 60’s the 70s, and even the 80s to try and fool myself and others as to what I wished, what I wanted, to be, and I permitted myself to dictate, the rules and regulations of living MY LIFE. Perhaps not anyone’s problem but mine, but at the time I was insecure, unsure, and sure that who I thought I was, was not someone GOOD.

 

I am human, I love, I am afraid, I am kind, I am insightful, I am introspective, I am a father, a husband, a son, a brother, an uncle, a friend…and for those who MUST feel more secure in calling me some THING, I am GAY.

 

It has become too easy, too, simple for the most insecure to SCAPEGOAT, the Black, the Brown, the Asian, the Immigrant, the Women, the Transgendered, to pretend that by doing so, makes them feel more SECURE. I fought my own demons way back then, and I REUSE to fight them now. It is a battle about me, and I will fight back as hard and as much as I can!