Sunday, October 10, 2021

a day mare!

 It was 8:15 a.m. I slept in as I had one of those miserable nights in which I, as a man of a certain age, spent more time walking from my bed to the bathroom, peeing, and being pissed off that I had to pee so much. It was 8:20 a.m., I got out of bed, of course first heading to the bathroom, yet once again, and as I cursed my bladder or is it my prostate, I recalled a dream I had, a seemingly reoccurring dream I had about me needing my I-Phone to escape some dark dangerous place, but my I-Phone had morphed into a flip phone, and that flip phone needed a charge. I then remembered I had awoken from that dream because in that dream I also had to find a bathroom! It was now 8:25 a.m. having washed my hands and brushed my teeth, I glanced over at my iPhone, which was still on the charger, and I cautiously walked close enough to it, just to make certain it was NOT a flip phone. AND THEN, I had to tell my right hand to stop, placing my left hand in my pocket, JUST to be sure it did not disobey and reach for the phone. (That part was an exaggeration, but I did have to say to myself, no Phone, now, please, just not yet.)

 

But I believe SILENCE IS DEATH, ACT UP, ACT OUT, ACT LOUD…so as much as I wanted to avoid the world around me. (I would use the phrase REAL WORLD, but honestly, the times in which we find ourselves living make the term REAL WORLD, seem RIDICULOUS…). I had to at least see if there was still the United States if the Democrats found a spine if Trump was finally arrested if suddenly the unvaccinated moved to an isolated island to contaminate one another if FACTS triumphed over FICTION…But instead, as I scrolled through the way too many news sights on my phone, all I said was “DAMN, FUCK, SHIT, YOU JAGOFF (Pittsburghese for you ass wipe and other nasty adjectives), and THEN WHY, WHY FUCKING WHY…”

 

Hundreds of thousands of U.S. service members remain unvaccinated or only partially vaccinated against the coronavirus as the Pentagon’s first compliance deadlines near, with lopsided rates across the individual services and a spike in deaths among military reservists illustrating how political division over the shots has seeped into a nonpartisan force with unambiguous orders. (Washington Post) … Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell on Saturday told Attorney General Merrick Garland that parents "absolutely should be telling" local schools what to teach amid a debate over mask and vaccine mandates, the role of racial equity education and transgender rights in schools. (CNN Politics) … Trump supporters at Iowa rally see "civil war coming,' say he will 'save the world' (Newsweek)… Mike Pence, Who Tried His Best to Help Trump Overturn the Election, Wants to Be President in 2024. In a sane society, nearly throwing over democracy would disqualify someone to serve as leader of the free world. (Vanity Fair) … Allen West, unvaccinated Republican running for governor in Texas, has Covid

Ex-congressman ‘taking hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin’ (The Guardian)