Monday, October 15, 2018

60 more minutes

A good friend of mine, from the East Coast, sent me a text on Sunday, warning me, that if 60 minutes had not yet aired on the West Coast, perhaps I should NOT decide to watch it. Holding back her own acid reflux and the vile taste of acid, she described just how terrible of a display, of an immature, inarticulate, and idiot Trump had managed to perform in the interview. With great gratitude, I thanked my friend and did make the decision to forego sitting in front of the TV and perhaps having convulsions. I am a firm believer I must understand the enemy, but like looking directly at the sun, you can do great harm to your eyes, so I decided that all of the hate, lies, narcissistic bull shit, and of course bigger, best and most would indeed be screened at a later time in snippets,(Its still like taking poison but in smaller doses)

I had mentioned in previous blogs, that every morning, upon waking, I place on my reading glasses, grab my phone, almost with contempt and of course angst, hoping to find on Huffington, or Bloomberg, or MSNBC or CNN, that the news of the day is that trump and his entire Crime riddled family were carted away and sent to prison. Today, (and now this has become a constant habit in my coping with the era of Trump) I reached for my phone, only to see small sentences, each telling one more horrendous tale of the 60 Minute interviews, and that in fact, Trump was still in the White House. 

There is so much WRONG going on within our nation, there are so many criminals running the Federal Government, there are is so much dark money paying off the politicians that even the rays of the sun cannot provide light! There are states in this nation whose voter suppression is outrageous and in true contempt of the Constitution. There are so many Russian Oligarchs, (oops, I mean the Russian Mafia) which have infiltrated the Republican Party). There are at least a dozen side deals between the Trump/Kushner Families and foreign governments. You cannot walk, drive, babysit, water your garden or enter your own house by being black. Women are noisy, whiny babies, not permitting boys to be boys. The LGBT community will soon become imprisoned and most likely have to be some kind of Scarlet letter. Children are being kidnapped, abducted, families separated now it seems for a lifetime. North Korea is our friend and Canada our enemy. No one named Kushner or Trump pay taxes. Devastation grows greater and greater from the weather, but so does the denial of climate change. And now journalists are freely and openly murdered.


And Trump is on TV pontificating, lying his ass off, smirking, smiling, gleefully living in an altered reality in which he has permission to live, by his treasonous allies the Republicans. It is Monday, October 15, 2018, and nothing has gotten better for the people who believe in good, and everything has blossomed for those who think evil is the answer!