Sunday, January 22, 2023

music and the GOP

 I was driving home from the gym today, my sanctuary from anything news, anything news like, anything regarding the POLITICS of today.  I had been surfing my Sirius XM channels, because I always seem to think there might be an even better song on another channel than the one I am currently listening to, and lo and behold, in spite of all my truest intentions, I heard some music that had me think about POLITICIANS. OY! I had a HUGE list of the Republican Men and Women I loathe, but finally arriving home, I poured myself some wine, tried to calm down, and said to myself, “Gerry, calm down, gurl, just select a few who piss you off more than the others….”

 

….”Liar, liar, pants on fire Your nose is longer than a telephone wire If you keep on tellin' me those lies Still goin' out with other guys” (Liar, Liar/Denis R. Craswell) OF COURSE, I must mention Georgie Santos.  So much has already been stated about this THING, but I love the line in the song, ‘Liar. Liar which says, Still goin' out with other guys,’ Not a bad thing to go out with other guys, I know I did, but then again I am not a Republican!....

 

….”Gaslighter, denier, Doin' anything to get your ass farther Gaslighter, big timer Gaslighter, big timer You just had to start a fire, had to start a fire

Couldn't take yourself on a road a little higher Had to burn it up, had to tear it down(‘Gaslighter/The Chicks) I immediately thought about Kevie McCarthy. Now, any song about a DOUCHEBAG, ASSHOLE would fit this shell of a human, but these lyrics which talk about starting a fire and burning things down just resonated with me….

 

….”I've got a meeting in the ladies room, I'll be back real soon I've got a meeting in the ladies room I'll be back real soon. Excuse me, lady This man's with me I don't like to share” (‘A Meeting In the Ladies Room/Boaz McWade Watson) BOEBERT and Putin-Greene. So, and there were many witnesses to the loud commotion, it seems BOEBERT and Margie Putin-Greene, actually had a meeting in the ladies room for the members of the House. And it seems, BOEBERT was all pissy and hissy regarding PUTIN-Greene’s sudden crush on Kevie Mccarthy. I guess BOEBERT thought Kevie was her man….

 

….”Young girl Get out of my mind Better run, girl You're much too young, girl. So hurry home to your mama I'm sure she wonders where you are Get out of here before I have the time To change my mind Cause I'm afraid we'll go too far.” (Young Girl/Jerry Fuller) I am certain as you read the lyrics, the name popping into your brain and falling upon your tongue is the one and only Mattie Gaetz. I wonder, however, what will happen if gets one of those pregnant, I mean you don’t want to piss off those GOP Pro-Lifers unless you actually are a Republican!....

 

….”Come on everybody I say now let's play a game I betcha I can make a rhyme out of anyone’s name. The name game.” (The Name Game/Lincoln Chase)  Seems that if you cater to the White Supremacists, who sometimes maybe all the time can’t add 2 plus 2, unless FOX News tells them the answer, which when it comes to FOX is 5. If you go by a real ‘MERIKAN’ name those MAGA, White Hooded, with a Red Baseball Cap on top have no idea that even though you have a real ‘MERIKAN’ name your family (OY) is from some foreign country.  Take Raphael (Ted) Cruz and Nimrata (Nikki) Haley. HMMM….

 

….”They're lined up on the playground, their hands all in the air See it on our news feed and we cry out in despair Glory, hallelujah, You are in our thoughts and prayers. Glory, hallelujah You are in our thoughts and prayers.” (‘Thoughts and Prayers/Drive By-Truckers) I still loathe the current crop of Republicans and still despise the crops of GOP who came before this cadre of cowards. So, just to make sure, I include all of those THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS HYPOCRITES, I choose this song….