Thursday, April 27, 2023

Don't patronize me!

 “We are doing what we can do in Florida to enhance the ability to hold people accountable when that really crosses the line into threatening conduct.” Governor Ron DeSantis (Jerusalem Post)

 

Like so many other Christian Nationalist Republicans, DeSantis pretends that demonstrating his avowed love for the state of Israel somehow trumps (an amazing word in the 21st century) his own antisemitic views regarding Jews in America. Play to Israeli Press and pretend that your own association with known American White Nationalists and American Nazis becomes nonexistent!

 

FLORIDA POLITICIANS AND local Jewish leaders are demanding Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis condemn a group of neo-Nazis who congregated outside a Tampa convention center over the weekend, passing out anti-Semitic propaganda and displaying swastikas alongside flags that read “DeSantis Country.” (Rolling Stone)  Ron DeSantis pushes back against calls to condemn neo-Nazi protests. Florida governor says people are trying to ‘smear me as if I had something to do with that.’ (New York Times)

 

How easy it is to PROCLAIM your undying love for Israel, assuming that EVERY JEW in the world certainly loves Israel, if indeed they want to remain a good Jew. Trump told Netanyahu that HE was almost the American Messiah when it came to Israel, loving that country even more than most American Jews do!

 

Among the many attributes in my life, I was raised Jewish, and still practice my religion. Luckily I have been to Israel 7 times in my life. I have friends and family in Israel, but I am an American. I do worry about Jews in MY country. The freedom of Israelis is important to me, but MY freedoms in MY country are MY priority! A 2017 LifeWay poll conducted in the United States found that 80% of evangelical Christians believed that the creation of Israel in 1948 was a fulfillment of biblical prophecy that would bring about Christ's return. (Washington Post)

 

I hate to be PATRONIZED, to be a POLITICAL PAWN. If DeSantis was anything but a self-serving liar, he, when he returns home would say, I do not support or will never support anyone associated with White Nationalism. And hey, all of you Jewish Donors to the Republicans, what the fuck!